The Account Planner will lead strategy and planning for a number of key accounts and projects. Reporting to the Director of Planning, the Account Planner will lead the onboarding for new clients and projects through a rigorous discovery process, gaining a clear understanding of the client’s goals and objectives. This discovery process begins with a thorough analysis and deep understanding of the client’s business, including company and category research, insights into the target audience and key motivators, as well as the unique brand position within its competitive set.
Through this comprehensive situation analysis and understanding of cultural contexts and trends, the Account Planner will identify key opportunities and strategic brand recommendations and marketing communications to deliver on the client’s goals and objectives. The Account Planner should excel at writing creative briefs, driving campaign strategy and developing marketing plans. The Account Planner should exhibit strong communication and presentation skills and be driven by curiosity and passion for uncovering the strategic intersections that propel brands forward.
- Lead business category deep-dives
- Gain clear understanding of client’s goals/objectives
- Define campaign parameters including budgets, timing, commitments, requirements, etc.
- Develop audience insights; buyer persona development
- Explore the customer journey/experience and how are they influenced to buy
- Identify gaps in research: category research and on-site/store visits
- Lead competitive audits, stakeholder/customer Interviews and market research
- Explore macro trends and cultural insights/considerations
- Synthesize research findings into key insights/takeaways and identify key differentiators
- Develop strategic brand recommendations and opportunities
- Write the brief and lead kick-off meetings to inspire the creative team
- Develop brand/communications framework as a foundation for creative development
- Develop planning briefs, identify strategic objectives, marketing goals and KPIs
- Work with channel strategists to develop strong marketing communications and media plans
- Work with the account team on schedules and budgets
- Build marketing communications plans to present to clients
- Work with key stakeholders throughout the approval process
Analytics and insights:
- Work with marketing analytics and channel strategists to track campaign performance
- Develop client presentations/reports to summarize key findings/takeaways
The Account Planner should have a minimum of 5+ years of professional experience in strategic planning and marketing communications, with a solid foundation in market research and consumer behavior.
The Account Planner must be a team player, working collaboratively within the Planning, Media & Performance team and serving as an integrated partner across Agency Account Management and Creative teams to ensure the work is strategically grounded.
The Account Planner should be an expert at asking thought-provoking questions, exhibit critical problem-solving skills and be experienced in conducting primary and secondary research to inform the campaign strategy and inspire creative development.
How to Apply
Complete the form on this page, including your contact details along with salary requirements and copies of your cover letter and resume. No phone calls, please.
Headquartered in Richmond, VA, Elevation is an integrated marketing firm dedicated to elevating the brands of our clients through creative and strategic excellence. Founded in 2001 by principals Frank Gilliam and Aaron Dotson, Elevation delivers a higher level of thinking and a higher level of service—helping our clients achieve a higher level of success.
Elevation is dedicated to doing smart work, well-executed, in pursuit of lasting relationships.
SMART WORK: Everything we do should be strategically sound and creatively thoughtful.
WELL-EXECUTED: We care deeply about the quality of our work, and we are committed to creating end products that are of the highest integrity.
LASTING RELATIONSHIPS: We work hard to develop client relationships that stand the test of time, and treat our employees and our partners like family.
Elevation is an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more at elevationadvertsing.com